Weekly edition of the Winterfall Vlog. Every Thursday a bit of talk about the work, the story, the discipline and the journey. The raw version of this Vlog is published earlier on our Patreon and then formatted for Youtube for publishing on Thursdays.
Thank you to all our backers over time and more recently on Patreon. Join us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/winterfallgame Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/winterfallgame Join us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/willyouovercome Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/CucW9EEN
In this first edition (a little longer than expected), we deal with topics like gratitude, origins, how things got started, the necessary sacrifices, betrayal, game dna, and the plan.
Greetings, As of our ongoing work to rebuild Winterfall by reimplementing, improving or fixing our old mechanics, during the past week, we have updated the Combat build on several points.
This work goes towards the next Combat Build release, scheduled for the 28th.
This week, we would also like to thank our new Patrons: - Eryn
- Neil Lancaster
Join them by supporting us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/winterfallgame
Here is the list of updates:
- Fixed dysfunctional bot spawn mechanics
- Removed Bots' ability to "accidentally" hit each other. This was an intended feature, but it will require balancing.
- Fixed dysfunctional bot behaviour after spawn (stuck in inactivity)
- Implemented Combat Run (Hold Space + Direction while in Combat)
- Restored 2-handed Weapon Stance
- Deactivated Tool scrollup/down when in Combat
- Locked Mouse Cursor to Center of the screen while in Combat
- Added Hold RMouse + LMouse, Hold RMouse+MWdown & Hold RMouse+MwUp to attack inputs
- Restored Recoil Animations when Blocking (shield) or Parrying (weapon)
- Added Hit Reactions when being attacked while Out of Combat
- Restored the ability to unleash combos on Blocking enemies without being pushed back
- Fixed an issue with some hits not registering after a while
- Fixed the formula for attack slowdown as Sword Arm depletes
- Restored inability to attack when Sword Arm reaches 0
- Fixed an Error with the Lightning Weather not turning itself off appropriately - Restored Knockdown & "Killing Blow" Slowdown/Sound event
- Restored Camera Snap to Target on hit - Improved Goals display for Gauntlet Mode
Original Combat Alpha Build here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/52531521
https://www.patreon.com/posts/52531521 We've just published our original combat alpha to Patreon. It's FREE and accessible to all. It serves as a prelude. We will then, periodically, publish backer updates to this build: further combat improvements, inventory & equipment, tasks, character customization, etc. We will basically reintegrate, over time, all our systems together through this line of builds. **If you have already backed us previously, don't worry: we'll give you access to those backer updates.** Controls are listed in the Patreon's post's text. Enjoy and let us know if you managed to defeat all 30 opponents!