Monday Dev Update #4
Greetings, As of our ongoing work to rebuild Winterfall by reimplementing, improving or fixing our old mechanics, during the past week, we have been updating the Combat build on several points.
To secure and speed up the release pace, and minimize the occurrence of such delays, you can support us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/winterfallgame
Here is the list of updates. We are tackling broader issues as we want to release a more fleshed out "Open World"/Exploration alpha. While it will not contain a full gameplay loop initially, we still want it to contain some playable smaller loops and gameplay segments.
Combat Mode & Controller
- Combo7 Functionality restored on all Combat Stances. Combo 7 is a knockdown combo
- Combo 3 4 9 and 10 inputs deactivated, leaving 6 attack inputs (from 10). Will reactivate once timings are fixed
Cloudedness & Defeat
- Max Cloudedness triggers a Cloudedness Hazard. Currently simple placeholder event (very angry bot spawn)
- Excess Adventure Damage leads to Misadventure (defeat type)
- "Retreat" considered a Woe. Converts pending Weariness into Spent Weariness.
- Defeat Screens for all 4 Defeat Types: Defeat, Misadventure, Grief and Failure
Hearth & Fire
- Hearths (and player-made fires in general) now check whether they have Cover against rain or are Exposed
- Covered/Exposed status indicated beneath Hearth
- Fires now deplete faster, through both real world time and in-game time
- Objects now tagged as Fuel. Increase Fire/Hearth HP
- Each 120hp Increase increases visible Fire level by 1
- Fire objects destroyed at -120hp (120 below 0)
- Fuel object "destroyed" when fed into Fire
- Fixed Fire Fuel pickup objects for shoulder carry
- Small edit to fire prefab for better lighting
- Further tweaks to environments to restore it for Open World update
Known Issues & Short Term Plans
- Finish fixing timing Issues on the remaining Combat Attacks (inputs 3 4 9 and 10) - Move Tools inputs from Mousewheel to number keys
- Cooldown for Tool switching - Firekit usage and fire placement unreliable at times. Investigating - Gauntlet Mode Goals and Circumstances, paving the way for implementation as Open World Hazards:
- Boss Duel
- Transport/Lead # of objects to Destination
- Destroy Number of Objects
- Reach Location
- Escape Area
- Complete Interaction
- Defeat All Spawned Bots
- Protect Object from Destruction
- "Until Time Runs Out"
- "Before Time Runs Out"
- Horde Mode
- Implement Sprint Stamina Cost & Passage of Time
- Camera Tweaks
- Implement basic "Monsters" for Cloudedness Hazard
Original Combat Alpha Build here (does NOT yet contain above updates): https://www.patreon.com/posts/52531521